Parent drop offThe last day of school was last Friday and it was the last time I dropped off my spoiled little princess for the school year.  Sure, we should make her walk the half mile to school but we don’t.  We would much rather subject ourselves to the misery of the Student Drop Off Line in the morning.  You would think that after 180 days of dropping off their kids, more parents wouldn’t be complete idiots when it comes to dropping off their kids in front of the school.

Seriously, they have had 180 drop offs.  Can’t they figure this out by now?  But every morning when I drop off my princess, some moron in front of me stops short and plugs up the whole system.  It really isn’t that difficult to figure out that you drive all the way to the end of the semi-circle driveway and then drop off your kid.  You don’t stop at the beginning and let them out.  When you drop them off at the beginning, it stops the whole flow.

See all the free space in front of you?  Use your common sense and move up.  See all the cars behind you WAITING for you to move?   That’s because we aren’t morons and can see that there are other parents that are dropping off their kids too.  We know that we need to move as far up as possible so that the whole system works.  You, on the other hand, are a complete moron who thinks of no one but themselves.

I bet you hate puppies and snowflakes too.

Maybe next year, you can figure out this incredibly easy drop off system.  Until school starts up again in the fall, I bid you a fond farewell.

11 responses to “Thank You Idiot Parent Dropping off Your Kid at school today; you make my day even more miserable than it already is.

1. I Sing the Body Electric June 20, 2016 at 6:20 am

This made me giggle, I LOVE your straight talking sense! “I bet you hate puppies and snowflakes too” LOL 😆😁

2. Eric Tonningsen June 20, 2016 at 9:50 am

Multiply your experience exponentially and welcome to driving on LA freeways. Every day, not just 180 of them.

3. The Cutter June 20, 2016 at 10:44 am

They either don’t know what they’re doing wrong or just don’t care. Not sure which is worse honestly.

4. ifonlymommy June 20, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Carpool-when you really learn how many people live in their own bubble. I don’t think they even notice there are cars behind them. Clueless!
    My favorite are the people that get out of their cars and walk there kids to the walkway that is literally 5 steps away.

5. Passports and Pigtails June 21, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Hahaha! I can relate….my favorite is the parents who wait, sitting in an actual parking spot for 20 minutes, and then pull out and stop in the middle of the road for their kid to climb in.

6. lapsedcatholicwife June 25, 2016 at 1:55 am

I am glad it is not just the UK where this happens

7. Lucy Mitchell June 27, 2016 at 11:30 pm

So I’m not that good at driving – does that mean we can’t be friends?