Since you are reading this blog post, I’m assuming you have that special woman in your life. It might be a girlfriend or a wife (hopefully, not your mother…ew) and you are desperate for a great Valentine’s Day gift, so you decided to visit my blog. How easily you have been fooled into thinking that was a good idea. You poor misguided soul….
If you really want to find a great gift, I’d suggest reading another blog that might actually be helpful. Perhaps one without the title of “worthless advice” in it? However, if you must continue to read, we should dive into a few things that will help you find a decent enough Valentine’s Day gift. I’m not promising that this is the prefect gift; I’m merely saying that these gifts might save you from a night sleeping on the couch on Valentine’s Day.
First, I’d suggest aiming for a gift that aligns with your significant other’s lifestyle. If she likes to run, give her some new running shorts. She likes to cook, perhaps a nice crock pot would be a helpful addition to her kitchen. On the flip side, if she hates cats, don’t buy her a kitten. (I’m honestly hoping you aren’t that much of a moron to buy her a cat….)
You’ll actually have to brainstorm and come up with some ideas of what she likes to do. I can’t possibly save your sorry ass all the time. Come on, man…think about her hobbies? She doesn’t have any? Nothing at all? Then you are doomed.
But wait, we can salvage this holiday (created by the evil greeting card companies, candy companies, and of course, the florist industry) for you to look like you know her.
- Does she like to travel? Buy her a new set of luggage…then take her on a trip to see your overbearing mother. Did you remember to call your mom? You didn’t, did you?
- She eats, right? Then buy her a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant. Just make sure it is some place you’ll enjoy as well. You have to eat too, am I right?
- Alcohol – it’s easy and you know she likes to drink. Skip your cheap beer and get her something she likes. Spruge on that good bottle of Washington state wine.
- A Mason Jar of Flavors – grab that old Mason jar out of the recycling bin, write down some “favors/chore coupons”, and you are in business. You can put down a coupon for a bad back rub, a free car wash, a night of bowling, you’ll empty the dishwasher, etc. Just stack the coupons to make sure it is stuff you can handle. Skip the “I’ll wax your moustache” coupon. It won’t end well.
- Does she read? Easy gift time…Kindle. Or even a nice, old fashion book with pages that turn.
- Candles – this is an easy way to burn your home down. May I suggest you Go with those fake, battery operated candles? Save yourself the visit from the local, good looking firefighters. You don’t need that competition.
- Perfume – go and order some of her favorite perfume right now. None of that cheap stuff. Get the stuff you both like.
- Skin Care – You can’t go wrong with that anti-aging wrinkle cream. Nothing like tellling your signficant other “Hey, you are getting old, here’s some greasy cream that hopefully helps reverse the ravishes of time.” Oh, sure that seems like a wonderful idea.
I wish you the best of luck this Valentine’s Day. You’ll certainly need it after reading this blog. But it’s not too late…you still have time to find a good blog that will help you. Quickly, exit out of this worthless advice blog. Find somewhere that will help you find the 7 Best Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas.
You know what would make my Valentine’s Day? You “liking” my post below. That’ right, push the “Like” button.
Images from www.pixabay.com