Where NOT to send your Daughter for Spring Break!

You know what I love about the internet?  I love those Top Ten (or whatever) Lists and discovering where I’m not going to let my daughter go on Spring Break.  Sure, my little girl is only ten years old but you have to plan ahead if you want to be a good parent.  The last thing you want is your daughter having “daddy issues”, ending up on the stripper pole in some strip club in Las Vegas with her boyfriend T-Dog.  Don’t worry, she is “working her way through school” (mostly likely after you cut off the college tuition after she pulled straight Cs).

This is one of the key reasons why parents should be involved in their child’s life!  Strong role models whether they are male or female need to set the example for kids to learn from.

Regardless, I’m not saying that you should keep your daughter at home like I plan to do.  For one thing, I’m a much better parent than you can ever hope to be and two: you should send your daughter to these places so my son has someone to meet while he is on Spring Break.  I’m kidding of course…..

I present to you the “Trashiest Spring Break Vacation Destinations” according to this link from coedmagazine.com.  As you know, I think research is quite overrated.  My opinion is really the only thing that matters and since I have huge amounts of common sense, research is really a waste of my time.  Besides as an informed reader, you should be doing your own research.  You can’t be a sheep following me all the time (because sheep creep me out).

“Trashiest Spring Break Vacation Destinations”

1. Las Vegas, NV
  10. Fort Meyers, FL
  11. Tampa, FL
  12. Virginia Beach, VA
  13. Scottsdale, AZ
  14. New Orleans, LA
  15. San Diego, CA

I’m glad to see Florida made seven of the top spots.  I’m even happier that my dear State of Washington didn’t make it.  In reality, who in their right mind would come here for rain and cold weather for spring break?  Washington isn’t a Spring Break destination in the least.  We don’t have nice sunny, warm weather until August and September.  During the summer and fall, Western Washington is a beautiful place to visit.  You can see Mt. Rainier, you can take a trip to the top of the Space Needle and you can enjoy a ferry boat ride across Puget Sound.

Today’s lesson is to keep track of your kids, enjoy the sunny weather while you can, and keep living the fun life you are meant to have!

15 responses to “Where NOT to send your Daughter for Spring Break!

1. Tom March 11, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Sooo, Cancun is O.K. amigo?

• Kevin March 11, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I guess it falls into those international cities. Remember when you leave the U.S. then it becomes a culture experience. Nothing like puking and getting sunburned in a foreign country to say you are an International Student! And no, my daughter isn’t headed to Cancun down the road.

Thanks for reading and thanks for making a comment!

2. opendialogue4themasses March 11, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Panama City is by far the most trashy and dangerous! Teenagers/Young Adults go missing every year. For information on Entertainment/Current News, please feel free to check out and follow my blog: opendialogue4themassess.wordpress.com

• Kevin March 12, 2013 at 11:52 am

Thanks for your comments!! I did cruise over to your blog!! Looks good and it keeps me in touch with you young folks….excuse me while I hobble out with my cane.

3. dani March 11, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Rocky point Mexico would be my #1 location. Sandy Beach, 85,000 kids on the beach, some having sex in the open at any one time.

• Kevin March 12, 2013 at 11:55 am

85,000 people anywhere would be a little overwhelming for me too! But think of all the sunblock we could sell!! I’m thinking we can make a fortune!

4. honeydidyouseethat? March 11, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Ughhh. We’ll be in Las Vegas area in a couple of weeks. But before that Hemet. Hemet only makes the list for most golf courses, meth labs (so a snobby friend from San Diego told me) and largest chapter of the KKK. ( Same friend)

• Kevin March 12, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Snobby friends are always the best for research and information. Considering I get my information from my kids, maybe it is a step up. We won’t talk about the Disney Channel news puppets either…. And I’m pretty sure Pierce County here in Washington State had the most meth labs. I saw that information on a “Cops” episode a few years back. Maybe they have clean it up since then. I know we don’t have a huge KKK chapter here. We just have lots of raincoats. Umbrellas get destroyed by the wind.

5. cariwiese March 12, 2013 at 10:53 am

Oh boy, I’ve lived in three of these places! Three! I wonder what that says about me… Anyway, thank you for following my blog! After reading this witty post, I’ll be following yours! My daughter is also ten, and you can bet your buns she’s not going to any of these places for Spring Break (she’ll be lucky if I let her outside)!

• Kevin March 12, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Three of those places? Only three!! You better start planning to get all 15 on your favorite places to live. Don’t be an underachiever! I hope you at least have some great stories to share about those places. Thanks for reading my blog! And good luck with your ten year old daughter!! She’ll turn out greatly (especially if you follow my parenting advice!).

• cariwiese March 13, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Well… I’ve been to 11 of the 15 places on the list (haven’t made it to all the Florida locations), but sadly only lived in three. LOL. I do have some great stories. I grew up in New Orleans, and I’ve lived in San Diego and Virginia Beach (and a bunch of other places not on your list). But yeah, definitely some great stories! My daughter is pretty good so far, although she’s getting into that pre-teen moody phase, god help us all. I’ll keep reading your blog for the advice hehe!

• Kevin March 13, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Thanks Cari! Girls are an interesting bunch. We just have to keep track of your daughters with a nice leash and spy cameras. And a tracking device…

6. kerbey March 13, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I’ve spent four decades near #2 and never had the nerve to visit during Spring Break. And here I am without Hep C and the clap, so I opted correctly. Yesterday I spoke w/ my pals who just left Las Vegas (btw, there is a song AND a movie about that, so it must be a good idea) due to the “worst school system in the U.S.” Clearly, the worst students can lay down some trashy spring break activities.

• Kevin March 13, 2013 at 3:34 pm

One person’s trashiest adventure is another people’s paradise! As I grow older as a person (and now that I’m a parent) these places are so less appealing to me for some odd reason. I still enjoying partying but with all the weirdos out there, it is a whole different world. Actually the world is still the same, we just have a lot more news coverage and the internet to show us the weridos.

Furthermore, as I get older I also know that not everyone thinks like me, has the same values as me, and likes to get things within a certainly range of decent behavior like me. I like to party but within reason.

Thanks for your comments! And I hope you enjoy the rest of the blog!