Ten Great Reasons why I hate Frosty the Snowman!
It is the Christmas season and the wonderful time of holiday TV specials has begun. I like most of the Christmas TV specials like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, the Grinch who stole Christmas, etc. However, the one Christmas Special I can’t stand is Frosty the Snowman.
- Really what is Frosty the Snowman? He is a bad LSD trip of some whacked out meth head. The only redeeming quality of Frosty the Snowman is Andy Griffith is the narrator of the cartoon. The rest of it I hate.
- Frosty always says “Happy Birthday”. Really? What is he a homeless bum who thinks every day is his birthday? Is he too drunk to remember it isn’t everyone’s birthday? Does he need a reason to drink? “Oh, it’s someone’s birthday! Let’s go out to Appplebee’s and get wasted!” That one saying drives me nuts. “Happy Birthday?” It’s winter and almost Christmas, I’m not thinking of your birthday, I’m thinking about Christmas presents, Christmas cookies, and egg nog.
- He is a cry baby whiner. There is a scene where he is all sad that the kids are leaving to go back home. Oh, poor homeless snowman. Jeez, stop your whining. Man up, build a snow house and make a snow dog to keep you company.
- He sleds by just getting on his belly and sliding down a hill. Seriously, we all know that Frosty would be jumping on his belly, knocking the wind of his snowman lungs, and cursing up a storm for being so stupid. He would be doing a belly flop into three inches of snow. Don’t you think that would hurt? Darn right it would.
- And really, Frosty wouldn’t be sliding down the hill. Instead, a big pile of snow would build up right in front of Frosty and he would stop in three feet. Frosty isn’t going anyway fast.
- Frosty is just a homeless bum. After the kids go home to their families or single mothers. He just wanders around after dark without a purpose…just like the guy who lives under the overpass.
- And do I darn mention the sequel “Frosty Returns”. Do we really need more of Frosty’s inane drunk babblings of “Happy Birthday”?
- Frosty promotes smoking. In this day and age of Political Correctness, why hasn’t someone digitally erased his corncob pipe? Seriously, if they can change E.T., then they can change Frosty. It’s a cartoon! It can’t be that hard.
- Frosty likes little kids….too much. He hangs around kids all day long in a nice pedophile way. Creepy just like Michael Jackson and his “Jesus Juice”. Next thing we know Frosty will want to invite the boys and girls over for a nice sleepover in his snow bed. Just plain creepy.
- And in the song, doesn’t Frosty die? Sure, he melts away and in a Star Trek world he comes back. But in the lame TV holiday special he makes it to the North Pole with Santa and lives on? This is all after he puts Karen into life threatening situations (like the refrigerator train car). Karen takes a long trip ride in a freezing cold refrigerator car were most people would be a Popsicle at the end of the trip. Hell, why can’t Karen be a normal kid that just sticks Frosty on the train, sends him on his merry way, and forgets about him in 10 minutes?
Frosty the Snowman sucks. This is one holiday special I wish was lost forever in the depths of CBS television studios.
12 thoughts on “Ten Great Reasons why I hate Frosty the Snowman”
Frosty the snowman is for kids and it is a cartoon. Cartoon’s are not real !!!! You need to chill !!!! Seriously dude !!!! Breath it isn’t real !!! Lets complain about something a little more practical your nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are in my prayers !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the comments on my blog. Just remember that just because Frosty is a cartoon that we shouldn’t give it a free pass to be shown to the future generations of cartoon watchers. How much of your life was wasted on bad cartoons? Do you wish you could get those hours back and watch good cartoons? Don’t you think you should say “No to Smoking?” If like smoking, I can see why you like Frosty. But Frosty isn’t real so you should support smoking because of it. Come on, let Frosty go and send this cartoon to the garbage bin…you know you want to. You want to push that delete button and send Frosty to the Great Trash Can in the Sky. Or at least get a hairdryer out and help put Frosty back into the water cycle.
Again thanks for your comments and thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoyed my good nature ribbing. As you can tell, my blog is a little bit sarcastic.
You are not alone! I hate Frosty, and so does this guy: http://geekusa.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/a-very-special-christmas-special-frosty-the-snowman-1970/.
Great posting…I’m so glad I’m not the only one that hates Frosty the Snowman. Thanks for sharing the link!
Reblogged this on Crazy Pasta Child.
I think Frosty should get a pass, to some extent. HE’S A CARTOON! In SpongeBob they burn things underwater and stuff. It’s just obvious that you’ve outgrown the childish Christmas cartoon stage. And when you say he’s “drunk” and “homeless”, yes he’s homeless because he was just made, but no he’s not drunk! Like I said, he was just made – and he doesn’t have a brain cause he’s made of snow. Which, also explains why he wouldn’t “knock the air out of his snowman lungs.” Most of the things you argue about the practicality of Frostg can be explained by 1) he’s a cartoon and cartoon physics apply and 2) he’s a MAGIC snowman. You are taking the fun out a children’s cartoon.
Yeah, I know. I like to take the fun out of Frosty. But to be honest, I hated him when I was a kid for the same annoying reasons that I hate him now. He was one of the most annoying winter/Christmas cartoons out there.
Now SpongeBob is a whole other story for another blog post. Thanks for the future blog post idea! And thanks for taking the time to comment.
Yeah it definitely sounds like your purpose growing up was to think about all the ways a magical made up character should work, including his anatomy, you must have a doctorate in made up characters, what’s next? How the anatomy of a blow up doll is better than a human? Get a life. Move out of your moms basement and write articles about actual stuff.
It warms my heart that you read my blog post about Frosty. Another happy reader! Pretty sweet that you missed the whole point of sarcasm, but hey, you took the time to comment on a sarcastic article about a snowman so you must be enjoying some time off from writing that award winning physics article for your local newspaper and reading my blog post about Frosty. Thanks for reading and commenting!
I never knew WHY I didn’t like Frosty but LOVED all other Christmas cartoons, but after reading this, I’m sticking up for him now. HA HA We can’t poke fun at the dude. He needed HELP and he got it from friends. It depicts both good and evil in this cartoon and is a learnable lesson for children AND adults. Frosty isn’t perfect, like humans he needed help and he got it. That is the very essence of what Christmas is about my friends. May God bless your Frosty Christmas and always remember to love even when you don’t like.
Oh my gosh, I’m not alone!!! Everyone always acts like I’m a godless heathen for not liking Frosty, but I’ve never liked him ever since I was a kid just because I thought he was an idiot. The “Happy Birthday” thing, even back then, I was just like, “Ugh are you kidding me?”. I can’t stand the cartoon, I can’t sand the song, it’s one part of Christmas that I can totally live without!