Ah, March 28 is National Hot Tub Day according to some random website I stumbled upon when I was bored one evening (who says this internet isn’t helpful and only spreads “fake news”?). Throw on your speedo, thong, or your bikini, play some Kenny G, and hit the hot tub because it is National Hot Tub Day!!
On a side tangent, I noticed that romance writers love hot tubs. They write the hot tubs into their stories all the time. Yes, I read romance novels. In between rapid reading of my gun magazines, truck magazines, and muscle car magazines, resides my collection of romance novels. Since I am a caring and sensitive guy (just ask my imaginary stalker Cyndi), you know that I am a great fan of romance novels.
But let’s get back to the focus of National Hot Tub Day and that is Hot Tubs. Hot tubs are a wonderful way to soak away your problems and worries. It’s like a vacation at your own home. I like to make sure my hot tub is properly maintained. Lucky for me, I don’t have sensitive skin, just sensitive feelings. OK, we know I don’t have any feelings but we still want to have some nice hot tub water.
Lately, we have had some cold and rainy weather. After all, it is Seattle and we don’t get sunshine until July. I’ve been feeling cold lately, so I love to enjoy the hot tub when it is chilly out. My muscles and joint loosen up and I can just sit there and float. For roughly 15 minutes, I can just relax. I can pretend I’m at a ski resort or on the beach on the island of Kauai.
Tips for Successful Hot Tub Party Day:
What if you don’t have a hot tub? Find a friend or a neighbor that has one. Then invite yourself over on National Hot Tub Day. You owe it to them to honor this day!
Avoid Alcohol – Wait, what? Yes, we all know I enjoy a nice whiskey but alcohol and hot tubs aren’t a good mix. Hot Tub water dilutes your cocktail too much. The warm water in your hot tub can speed up the process of inebriation, and can increase your chances of a hangover
Avoid Falling Asleep in the Hot Tub – you should focusing on the soaking and relaxing of the hot water. Enjoy this moment, save sleeping for your bed.
Have Music – What to play? Some Depeche Mode? Some Kenny G? Some Lady Gaga remix? The theme from the movie “Jaws”? It’s up to you, but don’t keep that stereo or iPhone too close to the hot tub. You don’t want your imaginary friends to knock it in.
Have Extra Towels Available – you know some goofball will forget his towel and then wander around your house looking for one. That’s a good way to ruin your hardwood floors. Have a stack of old towels ready for him.
Clean! – Keep the area around your hot tub clean. Vacuum up all the lose dirt, dog hair, old fern leaves, and candy wrappers. You don’t want to drag all that stuff into your hot tub.
Take A Shower – Encourage your guest to shower BEFORE they come over to hot tub. The less body oils, old sweat, stripper dust, and daily dirt you have coming into the hot tub, the better! It cuts down on chemical use.
Check the Chemical Levels – You should be doing daily or weekly check of the chemicals. Use those water test strips.
Those are my awesome (or rather worthless) hot tub tips for National Hot Tub Day! I know you won’t bother to play attention to them but at least pretend you read the whole blog post and give it a big “LIKE”. Can you do that? Thanks!
Yippee! It is St. Patrick’s Day, the day second only to Halloween for a day where you can get drunk, dress in a bad costume, and act like a fool! Well, to be clear….I usually make a fool out of myself on Valentine’s Day and National Hot Tub Day (why isn’t National Hot Tub Day a Federal Holiday yet?). However, back to the point of this worthless advice blog…St. Patrick’s Day. In the good old United States of America, we all become Irish on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17).
Lucky for you, I’m part Irish so I can offer my three blog readers and my imaginary stalker Cyndi (who wears sunglasses on the darkest, winter, overcast days) great advice on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tips to be the Best Fake Irish Person You Can Be:
- Randomly yell “Kill the Leprechaun” when you are out at the bar, drinking with your non-Irish friends. Wear a green wig…everyone likes people that wear wigs.
- You can also yell “Kill the Leprechaun” at your child’s school. Make sure you have singled out that redhead music teacher (no one likes her anyway).
- Get a Redhead Spouse….just make sure she isn’t the music teacher you just made fun of.
- Make EVERYTHING green…green…green!…make green pancakes…….make green beer…make green cats….
- On St. Patrick’s Day, You should always talk in a stupid “Irish” accent….or a “Scottish” one or an “English” one….no one in America can really can tell the difference anyway. Just say “Top of the Morning!” to everyone.
- Wear cheap plastic shamrock necklaces. Everyone likes it when the “Made In China” necklace breaks, and those stupid beads and shamrocks are all over the floor, making you slip and fall.
- Wear your green throng underwear (I’m talking to you gentleman readers. Ladies, you can wear whatever you like). Heck, ladies you can even enter a St. Patrick’s Day bikini contest! Nothing puts the “Saint” back into St. Patrick’s Day like a visit to a bar in a bikini! Click on this link for a Bikini bar video!
- Drink Irish whiskey…or wine…green beer…or whatever…it doesn’t matter…just be that annoying douche bag who drinks too much. Kind of like how you are every other day of the year, annoying…and drunk…but really just annoying.
- Oh, don’t forget to wear something green….like the lettuce you have stuck in your teeth. Nothing like getting your vegetables and sadness all in one day.
But you know something that rocks on St. Patrick’s Day? This Lego video!
And if you just need to mellow out…enjoy this video!
You wasted your St. Patrick’s Day reading this blog, but at least you helped me get my readership numbers up. And be happy that I didn’t make this post into a history lesson. Leave me a comment or a link to a funny cat video. Please, and write in an Irish accent…
One more video…
Sure, it is Sunday and sunny here in Winthorp but it isn’t blazing hot. We have blue skies and temperatures in the upper 50’s and low 60’s. For people from the Seattle area, blue skies is great and something we treasure. I’m a sucker for blue skies, what can I say?
Winthorp is a cute little town on Highway 20. The pass is closed for the winter and won’t open until May. We took the long way here but it was a fun drive. We even stopped at WalMart in Wenatchee. Sadly, I left my phone in the car and I wasn’t able to photograph the people of WalMart for you. Seriously, I wasn’t disappointed when we got in there. My wife had to tell me to stop staring at the mom with tattoos and inappropriate short jean shorts that were way too tight. I know her son will grown up to be so proud of his mom one day!
Getting back to Winthorp, the Mrs. Worthless Advice and I are hanging out here for a long weekend. The town of Winthorp is a little sleepy this time of year but for us, we just needed a nice break and this is perfect. We have a good little two bedroom cabin on the Chewuch River at the River’s Edge Resort. The deck overlooks the river and features a refreshing hot tub. And it is sunny (have I mentioned that??)
I’ll write more later, in the meantime have a great Sunday!